Monday, April 20, 2009

A Sunday game


Since it is not always easy to come up with something for my kids to do on a Sunday afternoon, I decided to make them a memory game using artwork by Greg Olson. I bought 2 packs of his "Beautiful Savior" pictures so I could have matching images. Then a cut pieces of chipboard (from the scrapbooking section of our craft store) into 4"x4" squares. I painted both sides a nice blue acrylic paint and let it dry. I then modge-podged the pictures (which were 3"x4") on one side, after that dried I modge-podged 3 1/2"x 3 1/2" squares of this cute "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" print my mom drew for me on the other side. I think I will still do an additional layer of modge-podge, and also paint the sides of the chipboard so that they look a little cleaner. Very easy project, but now my basement smells of modge podge!

No comments: