Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quilting Kick




I have been on a quilting kick lately. Here are a couple of recent finishes. I used a tutorial on the circle quilt, though I couldn't find it to reference it here. Anyway, the idea was not mine, but if you wanted to do it, cut 6-1/2 inch squares from muslin. For the circles, trace an old cd and cut them out. Eyeball to center the circle on the square, pin, and zigzag the edges. Easy peasy.
I made up the baby girl quilt on the fly, ripping different widths and then sewing it all together again. My fabric selection is not the best (for me, fabric selection is much harder than actually sewing the quilt), but I'm learning.
I didn't sew the windmill quilt, my rockin' mom made it for little Max. It is snuggle-y and bright, a perfect combo for a new little boy.

No comments: