Monday, May 12, 2008

fleece baby blanket



Here is a sweet baby blanket that I came up with. I something similar was given to a friend of mine, but when I couldn't find a pattern online, I came up with my own. I started with 1 yard, squared, of a fleece that I liked. Then I took one of my small metal crochet hooks (the kind used for doilies) and I used it to punch a hole in the edge every 1/2" apart, about 1/4" from the edge. Then a took a skein of very fuzzy yarn and my H-hook and put a single-crochet (sc) in each hole, followed by a chain (ch), then a sc in next hole, ch, etc. all the way around, I closed it with a slip stitch, then for the next round used a double-crochet (dc), ch, dc, ch, etc. all the way around. Since I rounded the corners a bit, I used a couple of extra chains in those areas to keep the edging lying flat. My pattern isn't very precise, and can be easily modified to fit your taste.

No comments: